Wednesday 19 December 2018

🌡 Day 2- Activity 3 - SLJ - Cactus 🌡

🌡 Cactus πŸŒ΅

 πŸŒ±NZ is one of the many countries that is filled with natives, plants and trees. πŸƒ

 πŸ‡³πŸ‡ΏIn New Zealand we have a few cactuses. I have 4-6 pots of cactuses. πŸ‡³πŸ‡Ώ

🏜️ The African Desert is home to many beutiful cacti. Some cacti can survive with only 3ml of water a day ! πŸœ️

Math Question : Let’s imagine that you are given a cactus for your birthday. To keep it alive, you must give it 3 ml of water every day.

 πŸŒ΅Over one full year, how much water will you need to give your cactus plant? 

1 year = 365 days 
the cacti needs 3ml a day 
3 x 365 or 365 x 3 
1 full year = 1095ml 
Desert on Apple iOS 12.1

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Licha,

    Congratulations on completing another awesome post. I love seeing all the emoji's that are in your signature. It makes your blog so bright and cheerful. It is great to see that you have posted so many activities. I cannot wait to see more coming through from you over the next few weeks.

    I really appreciated the way you introuced the cacti and told us a little bit about them. You're absolutely right that the the cactus would need 1095 mls of water in a year to survive. It really isn't very much, is it? I did a bit of research myself, and due to the African desert often having one down pour of rain every few weeks, a cactus soaks up the water and stores it until the next downpour. This means it can feed itself the 3ml of water every day. What an intelligent plant that is.

    I see that you have your own cacti, do you know what type of cacti you have? I have a few in my house too but unfortunately, I have no idea what type they are.

    Keep up the awesome work, Licha.

    Nga mihi,
    Megan :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.